Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Our Girl's Nursery. Plus some.

Life has gotten so busy! I started work on the 19th (have to keep those benefits until baby comes), and i'm nannying the cutest kids for a few hours everyday. Chris is doing more than full time school, part time work, and lots of music. Luckily we got most everything for the nursery done before I went back to work because we don't have a second to spare these days. There are still odds and ends, but we are almost completely ready! And she is almost completely done cooking! 6 1/2 weeks to go. Honestly, it feels like forever away still. We want our sweet girl in our arms already! I think we need to work on our patience =)



The nursery has been so fun. Not a day goes by that I don't stop in to look at it. I love to imagine her laying in the crib! Love it. If you don't know me well, I'm REALLY cheap. And proud of it! I got pretty much everything for the nursery on KSL and refinished it myself. I'm a big fan of DIY projects. I end up loving the things I put time into more than the things I buy. Don't worry, the crib and other important things are brand new. We weren't taking any chances there.

Chris and I did the wall. Meaning I had the vision, and Chris did all the physical labor! He's such a stud, and really seems to enjoy doing projects with me. Love him. The dots are vinyl, and ended up being pretty cheap, and we love the peach wall. I wanted the room girly (duh) but neither Chris or I wanted it to be out of control PINK! The peach was the perfect choice, but it's hard to find things in peach apparently. Still worth it!

My amazing Mom came over to help me make the cushions for the rocking chair and bench. Cushions are crazy expensive, and definitely didn't fit in the budget. Chris and I went to Joanne's, bought foam and material, and Mom's magic sewing hands whipped these babies out in no time flat. I'm still planning on putting buttons on them. We'll see if it happens before baby comes. Mom wants
to make some cute pillows too. She's the greatest.



I bought one great big curtain for the window planning to make two small ones out of it, but
my mother -in-law did all the work for me. I swear i'll never learn to sew because these 2 just serve me way too much! She even shortened the curtains in the bedroom while she was at it.

This rug is amazing! So soft and totally affordable.


Spray painted lamp.


Refinished coat hanger.


I can't tell you how excited we are. Pregnancy has been a brutal roller coaster, and I'm still not a fan,
but this little girl has already stollen our hearts. We want her here so we can kiss that little nose. Chris talks about it daily!

Speaking of Chris. His band is getting BIG. Cool things are coming his way for sure. Have you seen their new music video. I love it. I can't wait for them to finish the album already!


I'm going to try and post more regularly, but we'll see if it actually happens =) Pregnant life for me is completely unpredictable! But so SO worth it. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment