Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Rockin' Sundance.

Well, our busy lives are definitely in full swing at the moment, but we wanted to take a minute and let you know the details for the last Sundance shows for VanLadyLove and Lady & Gent. I'm blown away by the talent in these two groups, and for those of you who know me at all, I'm very picky. Too picky even. These guys are seriously so good and so different, which makes it all the more fun for me.

I'm actually horrible at categorizing any band into a specific genre. Mostly because I don't even know what the genres mean exactly... Chris can follow up with the correct genres, but i'll have a go at it.



Lady & Gent is, what I would call, folk rock. I would compare them to The Avett Brothers or Rocky Votolato, but they definitely have their own sound. I have their music stuck in my head all the time, and their album is maybe the most listened to album on my ipod. Well, it was. I'm in between ipods at the moment. You can download their album ("To Death in Delta") for free at bandcamp.com. Search Lady and Gent.

VanLadyLove is more pop (in my opinion. The band members would probably tell you differently) mixed with genuine rock'n'roll. They are more what you would hear on the radio. I'm not a huge radio listener, but these guys are amazing. I have never heard a "pitchy" moment. The vocals are out of this world. And honestly, Every single cover they do I prefer to the original. Their shows at Sundance have been way fun for me, and the other groupies.

Both Bands have their stuff on itunes and bandcamp. Come hang out if you are available! And if you haven't yet, check out the pages we have for each of them up top.

Friday is going to be a blast. Three Park City shows in the middle of all the craziness happening there. So excited! Chris wanted to write a post about these shows, but he's off with the band writing some new tunes and getting pictures done for an article in The Universe at BYU. Busy, busy, busy. Watch for them, I believe the article is going to come out this Friday. ANYWAYS here's the schedule:

VanLadyLove: 4:30pm at the Pig Pen. Not sure what this is exactly, but it sounds fun doesn't it!? =) Can't go too wrong with a pig pen.

Lady & Gent: 6:00pm at Hotel Park City, they're really just going be background music at the hotel, but if you need somewhere to chill for a bit, this is the place to be!

VanLadyLove: 8:00pm at Cisero's. Ciseros' is a restaurant and nightclub. I did a little research, and it looks legit.

So there's the line up for Chris and I Friday. I'm a pretty proud wife. Chris has loved working with such good, talented people. I'm really glad he's had these opportunities.

The Chateaux Monday afternoon.


The Owl Bar at the Sundance Resort Monday night.
This was one of my favorite shows ever. The atmosphere and company was great.
I found out that my old bestie from High School, Dallin, is the base player's roommate.
Small flippin' world! It was so good to see him and catch up.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Wish I could go, but life has sort of decided to get really busy for me, too. Keep doing awesome and fun things!

    ReplyDelete