Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

No-poo.

I have VERY thin hair. Sometimes it's embarrassing, but I have been doing a lot of research lately to help out my sad locks. I would try almost anything to have long hair. It's always been a dream of mine. Okay, more like an obbsession... Via Pinterest, I sifted through all the not so good information and foud some winners.


I have started using coconut oil roughly once every 2 weeks. I followed this tutorial, and my hair loved it! I feel like my hair can't even think about growing until it's healthy. Barefoot Blonde is an awesome blog. I have tried a lot of things on here with surprising success.She taught me that a lot of people with thin hair use hair extensions for volume. What?! For some reason I had this idea stuck in my head that extensions were seen in a negative light by society. I am now saving up to try some. (They are pretty pricey if you didn't know). Here's her tutorial for clip in extensions. I would definitely recommend looking around her blog.

Chris and I have even taken a leap of faith and tried something a little more complicated. I don't know if I would call it a lifestyle change, we haven't moved to China or anything, but it was definitely a risk. It's called No-poo. Have you heard of it?! It is basically washing your hair without shampoo. Instead you use baking soda and vinegar. (If you didn't know, I'm kind of a hippy. I love to try natural alternatives). This is the tutorial I followed. Chris and I have been using method one for about a week now, and our hair has felt great! Even after the first wash, I could tell this was going to be good for my hair. It's clean and happy, and I don't have to wash it as often. We'll see what successes and/or failures come from this. I'll keep you posted!

Until then, here's a preview of Chris's Sundance post. They had this fun photoshoot in the middle of all the running from show to show last week. He'll also let you know about upcoming shows. There really aren't too many in the near future, which makes this girl secretly happy. I'm ready for some bored nights at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment